4 Types Of Australian Tourist Visas

Travelling to Australia is the most amazing thing to do.  You will have the best time of your life exploring the hidden gems of the country and relaxing in the pristine beaches afterwards. But before you pack your bags and start making an itinerary list; have you secured your Australia ETA online?

Every foreign national apart from the ones who hold a New Zealand passport is required to apply for a visa to enter Australia. Whether you want to visit the country for few days or few weeks, you will need a valid visa to visit the country. Although there are various types of visa for different purposes, we are going to talk about the tourist visa. So whether the purpose of your travelling involves a recreational activity, adventure sports or a long delayed reunion with friends, there are four types of visas you can apply for:

ETA (subclass 976)

ETA stands for Electronic Travel Authority which is an easy option for the passport holders of 32 countries currently. The list also consists of USA, Canada, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and most European and Scandinavian countries. If you hail from one of the 32 countries, you can simply apply for Australia ETA online by filling up visa application form on the website.

An ETA is a new simpler form of visa which is stamp-free and reaches to you via electronic mail. Linked with your passport number, it does not require your documents but correct personal details. If you want to receive your visa at the earliest, make sure you give accurate and correct personal details.

TOURIST (subclass 676)

If your country has made it to the list of nations that are allowed to apply for ETA then you are sorted. But if you are a passport holder of a country that requires you to apply for the regular visa, then it is necessary for you to apply for a short-term tourist visa. Also if you want to stay in Australia for more than three months, you will need to apply for a tourist visa. This type of visa allows single entry and can be used within 12 months of issuance.


If you have your family staying in Australia and you wish to visit them, Sponsored family visa allows you to do so. The only criterion is that you will have to be formally sponsored by a permanent resident of Australia.


For those who want to earn while exploring the wonderful world of Australia can apply for a working holiday visa. There are many employers who are happy to pay skilled professionals who are on a working holiday visa.

Getting a visa can be a child`s play, if you know exactly what to do. Make your travelling a walk on cake by applying for Australia ETA online months before your date of traveling. For more visa related queries, kindly visit our website www.australiae-visa.com .

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *